You Are Everything

By Clarissa Enos Plagmann
  
I don't know who I am.


I don't know that I am a college graduate who spent 4 years (with a one year break in between) studying English. I don't feel like I know much about English. In fact, I feel like I know less now than I did when I started.


I don't know that I am an amazing wife and mother. I don't feel like I do all that much. I just try to make my husband's day a little brighter when he isn't at work. I try to make him happy.


I don't know that I am a singer. All I hear when I watch videos or hear recordings of me singing is a mediocre vocalist. Nothing to be proud of.


I don't know I'm a writer. All I see when I look at my writing is myself and all the errors.


I don't know that I am a daughter of God. I don't feel any different than I've ever felt. I don't feel like I'm special in any way.


I don’t know that I’m a college graduate, an amazing wife and mother, a singer, a writer, and a daughter of God.


I spent four years learning that I didn’t learn much at all in four years.
I spent a year learning that I still have so much more to learn about being a wife and mother.
I spent four years learning I still have a long way to go until I’m a trained vocalist.
I spent four years learning I’m still a novice writer.
I spent a lifetime learning how to be a good person and daughter of God.


And I will spend a lifetime. A lifetime learning my potential. My potential for English literature and language. My potential for motherhood and as a wife. My potential as a singer. My potential as a writer. And my potential as a daughter of God.


What you don't know is that you have the potential to be so much more than who you are today. But you know who does know your potential? Our Father in Heaven. And He is cheering you on every step you take, every time you can't do it any more. Through the good and the bad, He is there. He is there cheering you on and pushing you to be better and do better.


You are everything you don't know you are.

Comments

Popular Posts