Summer Adventures!

By Clarissa Enos Plagmann

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged! I really need to get into the habit of updating this blog more regularly! Well, as I promised earlier in the year, I will be starting to write more about some really personal experiences I've been having. However, not right now. (Hopefully next week or the week after!)

So, in answer to the question: "What have you been up to lately?" My answer has generally been: "Not much!"

The full truth to that is this:

Back in June, at the end of the last school year, I quit my job that I had for a year and a half, because it was getting a little stressful keeping that schedule, just because it was a split schedule, and Preston's schedule meant that I was stuck at someone else's home during my free time rather than my own home (don't worry, I am working on learning to drive so that won't be an issue in the future). However, I do miss the kids, so I am currently in the process of applying for another job with an ESL company based out of Beijing!

The company is called VIPKID and I would be teaching online! The classes are 25 minutes at a time, and your base pay is an amount between $7-$12 per class (so $14-$22 per hour). I just finished my first mock class (this comes after the interview and is just a way for them to gauge if you'll be a good teacher or if you need a bit more practice). My next step will either be a Mock 2, or I will be offered a pay rate and contract.

I am pretty excited about this, albeit a little nervous. It should be fun!

I have also been helping out a woman from church. She has three boys under the age of 5. They are all super adorable! I've just been helping her out with chores around the house, and watching her boys while she works on her business online. It has been great for both of us, as that's how I've earned some of the money for my trip to Chicago!

Which reminds me, in a couple weeks I have a little vacation with my cousin and her sister-in-law. We will be traveling to Chicago! I've paid for everything already, except any souvenirs or food I buy while I'm there, and any traveling expenses for public transit in the city!

So, that's what has been going on, and what my plans are for the next few weeks. I will definitely post about our trip to Chicago, and if there is anything you would like me to write about definitely let me know! Also, be on the look out for that promised post about something really personal I've been going through lately, and I hope to see you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts