A Water Miracle

By Clarissa Enos Plagmann

I made history tonight, guys!

Okay, a little background for those of you who don't know me as well: I've never been a huge fan of water. Not only does swimming
in it generally terrify me (I've since learned to control this fear and venture out into the deep end at the pool, into the ocean, and on the rare occasion into the rivers and lakes), but I have a love/hate relationship with drinking it as well. Generally if you ask me about water, I'll say it tastes disgusting and I'd rather drink pretty much anything else.

Unfortunately, what this means is that growing up I was constantly dehydrated. In fact, I remember one specific occasion where I was on vacation with my family in the most magical place on Earth, (Disneyland!) and I only managed to enjoy it for a few hours in the morning before I felt too sick to do anything but sleep and feel miserable in the hotel room.

Needless to say, it has always been a problem for me. Which is why whenever I drink water, it's a miracle. However, now that I am pregnant, I read that I needed to stay hydrated for the health of the baby. So, I've been trying to drink more water. I've been working on it for the last few weeks, but never before today did I manage to drink more than 30 oz of water in a 24 hour period.

Today, I managed to chug down 68 oz of water! This is a miracle, and definitely history in the making!

Anyway, I just wanted to share a little piece of happiness I have achieved thus far on this magical journey called life, and marriage, and motherhood. I hope that each of you are also enjoying your lives and taking care of your beautiful bodies!

Love,

Clarissa

Comments

Popular Posts